The Area Joint Apprenticeship Committee will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability. The Area Joint Apprenticeship Committee will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.
Below is an outline of the Application process:
1. Pick up application at the appropriate Local or click
here to request an application be mailed to you.
(the WSJAP office cannot hand out applications).
2. Submit application (with copy of birth certificate
and HS Diploma/GED) to WSJAP office (we only accept
the original application form no faxes/photocopies).
3. Complete applications will be placed in the drawing.
Drawing dates are as follows:
January 20th (complete applications received from October 1 - December 31)
April 20th (complete applications received from January 1 - March 31)
July 20th (complete applications received from April 1 - June 30)
October 20th (complete applications received from July 1 - September 30)
4. Incomplete applications will NOT be placed in the drawing and will be mailed back to applicant. (note: incomplete applications are applications received without a copy of a birth certificate and HS Diploma/GED and/or not filled out entirely)
5. On the date of the drawing applications will be randomly selected a number. This number will place you into the Pool of Eligibles (waiting list). This number may be adjusted based on applications expiring, pool upgrades and indenturements.
6. The Pool of Eligibles is a waiting list until your Local requests to indenture or your application expires. If selected to be indentured you will be sent a CERTIFIED LETTER. This listing is ranked based on specific qualifications. If seeking to upgrade your pool status please click here.
7. Anyone who has served in the US military is encouraged to register with Helmets to Hardhats as we have an agreement to indenture 25% Helmet to Hardhat registered applicants per indenturement. Please click here to learn more.
NOTE: ALL ADDRESS/PHONE/EMAIL CHANGES ARE TO BE DONE IN WRITING
Daily during business hours.
Contact Local Union Hall for time frames.